Passengers aged 60 and above may book online and email supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them on +230 466 9014. Tickets will be issued within 72 hours through our Call Centre + 230 2077575.Check all eligibility criteria.
Students aged between 15 and 29 years may book online and email supporting documents to email@example.com or fax them on +230 466 9014.Tickets will be issued within 72 hours through our Call Centre + 230 2077575.Check all eligibility criteria.
You cannot book Seniors or Students online for departures less than 4 days from now. Please contact us for your booking.
Booking must include at least 1 Adult
You are allowed 1 infant per adult
You are not allowed to add other types of passengers to senior bookings. Please create separate bookings for Seniors.
You are not allowed to add other types of passengers to student bookings. Please create separate bookings for Students.
- Manage Booking
- Flight Status
(All Times Local) * Arrival on Next Day
Please enter valid informations
Passengers Travelling with Infants
Air Mauritius ensures that infants enjoy a comfortable and seamless journey similar to our adult passengers.
PREPARING FOR YOUR TRIP
Pre-book your seats
We highly recommend that you choose your seats in advance while travelling with an infant (under 24 months old), especially if you require the use of a baby cot for your little one. However, if not pre-reserved, Air Mauritius ground crew prepares a priority seating order for families travelling with infants or children, to ensure the comfort of your travel and that of your precious bundle of joy.
Pre-book your infant’s meal
Put link to special meals here
Keep child care accessories on hand.
If you booked a seat for your infant, you may also bring an inflight bed/ leg-rest extension* such as a Bed-Box, Fly Tot, 1st Class Kid Travel Pillow or Plane Pal, among others. For more details, see our special conditions <Link to Travelling with Children> section.
*Available on selected flightsAt the airport
We understand that when you’re travelling with infants, you have your hands full. We help you skip the queues and go straight through and also assist you to board first, so you have the time to get your little ones settled on board before the aircraft gets too full for their comfort.
Extra baggage allowance
When you fly with babies or infants, you can carry extra checked baggage up to 10 kgs and one extra piece of hand luggage to ensure that your little one has all they need for the flight and beyond. In addition, we let parents bring on carry cots, prams and baby-buggies till the boarding gate, at which point these special items are folded away and placed in the hold for use upon arrival.
The Bare Essentials
Babies need their little accessories about them at all times. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! The Air Mauritius infant hospitality kit* has been specially prepared with baby travel in mind and comes replete with baby wipes, diapers, baby powder, baby lotion, and a sterilised and ready-to-use baby bottle.
* Available on all flights except to Reunion and Rodrigues
Also, when you fly with an infant or child, don’t forget to take advantage of the changing tables in the lavatories* that have been placed there especially with your little ones in mind.
* Available on selected aircrafts
Safe travel for your bundle of joy
For their safety, infants may travel only after the first week of birth, at which point no medical clearance is required. For your infant's comfort, there are cots available on all Air Mauritius international flights. The number of cots available on the aircraft is limited, therefore, please make a request at the time of booking and we will confirm your request at the time of your check in, as far as possible.
Our baby cots can accommodate infants up to 12 months old and/or weighing up to 11 kg, and up to 74 cm tall. Since the baby cots need to be stowed at take-off and landing, we’ll give you a special seat belt extension to carry your infant safely in your lap at such times. Further, we request you to remove your infant from the baby cot for safety reasons whenever the seat belt sign is switched on, especially in case of turbulence.
Twice as nice
Flying out with not just one but two little ones? We are happy to help with both, as long as, while one infant can be accommodated as is usual practice in the baby cot placed in front of your seat, the second one is over 12 months and is able to sit in a car seat approved for use on our aircraft. Further, in such special cases, we request you to inform us while booking your flight or to contact us for more information, so we can prepare for your comfort and that of your infants in advance.
Guidelines for using a Child Restraint Device (Car seat, Child harness)
Infants may travel without a medical clearance after the first week. For your infant's comfort, there are cots available on international flights. Due to the limited number of cots available onboard, please ensure you request one while booking your flight. Your request will only be confirmed at check-in.
Please note that our baby cots can accommodate infants up to 12 months old and/or weighing up to 11 kg, and up to 74 cm tall, depending on whichever condition is more restrictive.
Two infants may travel with an adult provided one of the two infants is over 12 months and is able to sit in a car seat approved for use on an aircraft. In such a case, please inform us while booking your flight.
- Use of Child Restraint Devices (CRD) on board
You may use a Child Restraint Device which includes car seats or upper torso harnesses for your infant/ child on flights operated by Air Mauritius. Please inform us at the time of booking or contact us for more information.
Note: Not available in Business cabin and on Reunion and Rodrigues flights. For codeshare flights operated by partner airlines, acceptance will be in accordance with the partner airlines’ rules. For medical or reduced mobility cases requiring special seats, please contact our reservations agents.
Please read below conditions carefully for using a Child Restraint Device (CRD) on board our aircraft:
- Please inform us of your intention to use a CRD on board the flight at the time of booking.
- You will be required to reserve a seat if you wish to use a car seat for an infant of up to 24 months.
- The CRD should be marked/ labeled that is certified for use on an aircraft by a National Aviation Authority and/or meet any of the following standards:
- European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) ETSO-C100b
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) TSO-C100, TSO-C100a, TSO-C100b, or TSO-C100c
- European Safety Standard requirements of ECE Regulation 44
- United States Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard FMVSS 213
- Australia/New Zealand Standard (AS/NZS) 1754
- If the CRD does not meet the above requirements, it may be refused in cabin and may be checked as luggage.
- We accept car seats of a maximum external seat width of 17 inches/43 cm on our Europe flights. For other routes, the external seat width of the car seat should not exceed 16 inches/40.6 cm.
- The Child Harness may be used for children of 1 year and older weighing 22 to 44 pounds and up to 40 inch tall.
- Car seats are not permitted on our Reunion and Rodrigues flights or in Business Class.
- You should ensure that your infant’s/child’s weight and height are in conformity with the manufacturer’s specifications and you should install the car seat as per manufacturer’s instructions. The condition of the CRD and its installation will be under your responsibility.
- For safety reasons, you will be allocated a suitable window seat for your infant’s/child’s CRD.
- Two infants may travel with an adult provided one of the two infants is over 12 months and is able to sit in a car seat approved for use on our aircraft. In such case, please inform us while booking your flight or contact us for more information.
- You will be required to sign a form of indemnity at Check-in.
Your infant’s/ child’s stroller will be taken at the gate prior to boarding to be checked-in, and will not be kept in cabin. It will be delivered to you on arrival at aircraft door, except for flights to Paris. At Paris-CDG, the stroller will be delivered in the arrival hall for arriving customers. However, customers with a connecting flight in Paris will be required to check-in the stroller as a normal baggage from the point of origin to the final destination.
Are you sure that you want to delete nominee?
Thank you for signing up!
a.You must rate Look and Feel of websiteYou must rate Ease of UseYou must rate ContentYou must rate OverallYou need to add a comment