Passengers aged 60 and above may book online and email supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them on +230 466 9014. Tickets will be issued within 72 hours through our Call Centre + 230 2077575.Check all eligibility criteria.
Students aged between 15 and 29 years may book online and email supporting documents to email@example.com or fax them on +230 466 9014.Tickets will be issued within 72 hours through our Call Centre + 230 2077575.Check all eligibility criteria.
You cannot book Seniors or Students online for departures less than 4 days from now. Please contact us for your booking.
Booking must include at least 1 Adult
You are allowed 1 infant per adult
You are not allowed to add other types of passengers to senior bookings. Please create separate bookings for Seniors.
You are not allowed to add other types of passengers to student bookings. Please create separate bookings for Students.
- Manage Booking
- Flight Status
(All Times Local) * Arrival on Next Day
Please enter valid informations
Passport & Visa
Travel formalities vary according to passenger profiles. Find out which ones apply to you, and be thorough, since missing or non-compliant documents may unfortunately result in being unable to travel.
Passport validity, visa and other travel requirements
It is strongly recommended that, before leaving on a trip, you check the entry and travel requirements with the competent authorities of the destination(s) you intend to visit and/or the country/countries where you will be in transit. It is your responsibility to ensure that you possess all required travel documents according to the specified standards.
Some countries additionally require that the passport is valid for a minimum period beyond your trip — usually six months. For instance,
Originating from Mauritius: Passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your return date.
To Mauritius: Passport must be valid beyond the intended period of stay in Mauritius.
In addition to your return ticket and a valid passport, some authorities also require a visa, a health certificate, insurance cover or other documents such as a hotel reservation or your host's contact information (exact address and telephone number). Some authorities require that you leave at least two side-by-side blank pages in your passport for visa on arrival.
Visit the IATA Travel Centre before your trip for information about travel requirements of the countries you will be visiting or transiting. You must especially check with the relevant authorities of those countries.
Transit in Mauritius
Passengers transiting through Mauritius must hold a valid passport or a passport replacing the document accepted.
- Passengers visiting Mauritius for any purpose other than tourism or business must obtain prior authorization from the Mauritius Passport and Immigration Office before undertaking their trip.
- Any person who stays in Mauritius beyond the period granted on their visa or entry permit is committing an offense and may be subject to legal proceedings.
Prior to departure, please ensure you are aware of all the entry and travel requirements for your destination.
Check this section for government, airline and airport regulations which may affect your travel
Immigration regulations for travel from/to South Africa
Since 1st June 2015, South African authorities have implemented immigration regulations that concern all travelers under the age of 18, travelling into/out of/transiting South Africa.
Find out more
Permit to travel outside French territory for minors - effective on January 15, 2017
A child who travels abroad without being accompanied by one of his parents must submit the following 3 documents:
- Valid identity document of the minor: identity card or passport + visa, if applicable according to the requirements of the country of destination (to be verified by consulting the country profiles of the diplomatie.gouv.fr site)
- Photocopy of the identity document of the parent or legal guardian who signed the form : identity card or passport; the document may be valid or expired since less than 5 years.
- Form signed by one of the parents or legal guardian (accessible here)
The carriage of Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is banned on all Air Mauritius flights.
This ban applies to devices carried on the passenger, in carry-on baggage, in checked baggage and as cargo or mail.
The documents listed below must be presented at check-in for the identification of passengers travelling by air to and from Rodrigues. Foreign nationals proceeding to Rodrigues should also hold a return ticket over and above the following documents:
Adult passenger (above 18 years)
A passport that is valid for the period of intended stay. For Mauritian nationals, either a valid passport or the National Identity Card may be used.
Accompanied minors (under 18 years)
In the absence of a valid passport, parents to produce birth certificate or a valid bus pass or other identification document issued by a recognized Educational/training institution.
Unaccompanied minors (under 18 years)
Are required to produce a valid passport or a valid bus pass or other identification document issued by a recognized Educational/training institution.
In the absence of above-mentioned documents, a minor to produce an identity document issued by the Police Station of his/her locality.
Note: All documents presented should be originals and not copies.
Following the recent changes to the Australian operations a Questions and Answers sheet has been prepared by Air Mauritius jointly with our partner airline Virgin Australia to assist with answers to many frequently asked questions.
Air Mauritius - Virgin Australia Q & A
Upon arrival in Mauritius, Indian nationals are eligible for a visa for a maximum stay of 60 days, provided they hold:
- a confirmed booking for accommodation in Mauritius
- a sponsorship letter
- a confirmed booking for return flight
- sufficient funds for expenses during their stay (minimum of USD100 per day)
Air Mauritius will accept passengers with confirmed booking for a return flight within 60 days. If passengers hold a ticket for a stay beyond 60 days, they must apply for a visa from the Mauritius High Commission in Delhi prior to departure.
Online Visa Application
Visa applications have to be made online. All visa applicants are required to do the following :
a. Log on to the website http://indianvisaonline.gov.in
b. Select the Mission as Mauritius-Port Louis, if you are a citizen of Mauritius
c. Fill in all the mandatory items marked by red star (*) and obtain a print out of the application
d. Applicants are then requested to produce the print out of the application along with their passport, two passport size photographs, and other required supporting documents at the visa counter of the High Commission.
>Chinese and Indian nationals no longer need a visa for stays of up to 15 days. To organise their stay, they have three options:
- They may buy an entire package tour (flight + accommodation) from a travel agency in China or India offering Reunion Island as a destination. This agency will then contact an incoming agency on Reunion Island with a licence to request visa waivers.
- Or they may apply to an incoming agency on Reunion Island which can also sell a package tour (list on our website: https://explorelareunion.com/en/pratique/our-points-of-sale).
- Or they may book their flight directly with the airline and apply to a local agency with a licence to organise their stay (accommodation, activities, transport on the island etc.)
- Choose one of these three options to benefit from professional advice, and thus enjoy a top-quality holiday in our island, as well as the handling of administrative formalities regarding the visa waiver. View the list of agencies registered as tour and holiday operators (ROVS) ATOUT France with a licence to proceed with these formalities: https://registre-operateurs-de-voyages.atout-france.fr/web/rovs/recherche [Available in French]
- Should your stay exceed 15 days, you will need to apply for a visa at the French consulate or embassy.
- You may also go on a 24-hr visa run to Mauritius then come back to Reunion Island, provided you organise your second stay via one of the three options detailed above.
- The maximum duration of an authorised stay on Reunion Island is 90 days per 6-month period for up to 15 days at a time.
- Please note, given that Reunion Island is not part of the Schengen area, so a visa that grants entry to mainland France is not valid for the Reunion territory. Please consult a French embassy or consulate.
A visa is not required for UK passport holders when entering Mauritius. UK nationals need to have a passport valid beyond the intended period of stay. You are advised to check with the local authorities for any other required document.
For enquiries, you may contact:
The Mauritius High Commission
32 Elvaston Place,
Queensgate, South Kensington,
London SW7 5NW
Tel: 0207 581 0294
A visa is not required for Belgium passport holders when entering Mauritius. Belgian nationals need to have a passport valid beyond the intended period of stay. You are advised to check with the local authorities for any required document.
For enquiries you may contact:
Ambassade de l’île Maurice
68, rue des Bollandistes
Etterbeek 1040 Bruxelles
Phone + 32 (0)2 733 99 88
Fax + 32 (0)2 734 40 21
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
A visa is not required for China passport holders when entering Mauritius. Chinese nationals need to have a valid passport for more than 6 months after the return date of travel. You are advised to check with the local authorities for any other required document.
For enquiries you may contact :
The Mauritius Shanghai Office Room 1805, No. 300 East Nanjing Road,
Tel：021 - 6330 0538
Fax：021 - 6330 0537
Italian nationals do not need a visa to enter Mauritius. The passport must be valid for more than 6 months after the return date of travel.
Italian nationals may stay in Mauritius as tourists for a maximum of 3 months. You are advised to check with the local authorities for any other required document. For more information please contact email@example.com
German nationals do not need a visa to enter Mauritius. The passport must be valid for more than 6 months after the return date of travel.
German nationals may stay in Mauritius as tourists for a maximum of 3 months. You are advised to check with the local authorities for any other required document. For more information please contact the Mauritian Embassy in Berlin: http://www1.govmu.org/portal/sites/mfamission/berlin/index.htm
South African nationals visiting Mauritius for tourism purposes do not require a visa prior to travel subject to conditions, including being in possession of a valid passport and a return or onward ticket. For additional information, please visit the following website:
For any queries, you may contact the Passport and Immigration Office in Mauritius or the nearest Mauritian Embassy or Consulate. The contact details of the Passport and Immigration Office are as follows:
Passport and Immigration Office,
11-19 Lislet Geoffroy Street,
Tel : (230) 210-9312 to 210-9317
E-Mail Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
As for most nationals of European States, a visa is not required for Swiss passport holders when entering Mauritius. Validity of the passport to be, at least, until the return date of travel. A Swiss citizen may stay in Mauritius as a tourist for a maximum of 3 months. You are advised to check with the local authorities for any other required document.
For enquiries, you may contact:
37-39 rue de Vermont,
Tel : +41 22 734 85 50
Fax : +41 22 734 86 30
Email : email@example.com
The Mauritius Embassy in Berlin :
Are you sure that you want to delete nominee?
Thank you for signing up!
a.You must rate Look and Feel of websiteYou must rate Ease of UseYou must rate ContentYou must rate OverallYou need to add a comment