Passengers aged 60 and above may book online and email supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them on +230 466 9014. Tickets will be issued within 72 hours through our Call Centre + 230 2077575.Check all eligibility criteria.
Students aged between 15 and 29 years may book online and email supporting documents to email@example.com or fax them on +230 466 9014.Tickets will be issued within 72 hours through our Call Centre + 230 2077575.Check all eligibility criteria.
You cannot book Seniors or Students online for departures less than 4 days from now. Please contact us for your booking.
Booking must include at least 1 Adult
You are allowed 1 infant per adult
You are not allowed to add other types of passengers to senior bookings. Please create separate bookings for Seniors.
You are not allowed to add other types of passengers to student bookings. Please create separate bookings for Students.
- Manage Booking
- Flight Status
(All Times Local) * Arrival on Next Day
Please enter valid informations
passengers with reduced mobility
Passengers with reduced mobility can look forward to a safe and comfortable journey on Air Mauritius; we are pleased to assist you in any way we can.
Depending on your needs, we can arrange:
- assistance to and from the aircraft
- help with stairs where necessary
- disability assistance
- transportation of wheelchairs and personal mobility devices
How to request assistance?
Let us know the type of assistance you need at least 72 hours before your flight departs. Please contact our 24/7 Reservation team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for preparing for your travel
A travel companion is not required if you can
- Open your safety belt
- Get and put on your life-jacket
- Put on your oxygen mask without help
- Understand and apply safety instructions
- Eat and drink by yourself
- Take or administer medication
- Help yourself in the restroom
You may have to travel with a companion for your safety. The travel companion’s role will be to assist you in the case of an emergency, particularly in the case of aircraft evacuation.
Note to travel companions
It is mandatory that the passenger travels with a companion, if
- the passenger has a severe mental disability that prevents him or her from understanding and applying safety instructions.
- the passenger is both blind and deaf, thereby preventing the possibility of communication with the crew.
- the passenger has a motor-based disability that physically prevents him or her from participating in an evacuation. A travel companion is mandatory for most paraplegics and quadriplegics, in case the passenger needs help on board and is not self-reliant.
- A disabled or reduced-mobility child can travel alone as an unaccompanied child if:
- he or she is physically capable of participating in an aircraft evacuation,
- he or she is able to understand and apply safety instructions.
- A travel companion must meet the following requirements:
- he or she must be an able-bodied person,
- he or she must be over the age of 18,
- he or she must be familiar with the passenger’s reduced-mobility condition & requirements,
- he or she must not be taking care of a disabled or reduced-mobility passenger while also taking care of a child under the age of 12 or another disabled or reduced-mobility passenger.
A medical clearance delivered by Air Mauritius is mandatory only if you require help with eating, drinking, taking or administering medication, restroom assistance, or other personal assistance. The kind of assistance you will require at the airport and on board must be ascertained while you are booking your flight.
If you would like us to provide a wheelchair device, please notify us at the time of booking, or at least 48 hours prior to your flight, of any special assistance you would like us to provide before, during, or after your flight to ensure we can assist you in the best way possible.
Some wheelchair categories have eligibility requirements -depending on your needs, we can arrange the following:
- WCHR - Passengers who are unable to walk long distances but can use stairs and walk to seat. Please request at time of booking.
- WCHS - Passengers who are unable to walk long distances or use stairs but can walk to seat. Please request at time of booking.
- WCHC – Passengers who are immobile. Please contact us via our Call Centre and offices. Please note that passengers who are completely immobile must be accompanied by an able-bodied person capable of assisting them with their physiological needs during the flight.
If you have any queries or require further information regarding wheelchair assistance please contact us via our Call Centre and offices. Should you fail to provide the required notice, we may be unable to accept you for travel.
We will transport your wheelchair or personal mobility device (manual or electric) at no extra cost. While there is no size or weight limit, it is possible that certain airports lack the necessary means for boarding or exiting the aircraft.
If you’re using your own manual or electric wheelchair or another assistive device such as a cane, crutches, walker and mobility scooter, please let us know at least 72 hours before your departure. Our cabin aisle dimensions are restrictive, we will require your wheelchair or personal mobility devices to be stored as checked luggage.
- If your wheelchair is manual: In most airports, you can keep it with you up to the aircraft opening or boarding gate if access to the aircraft is not direct via a walkway. Your manual wheelchair may also be delivered to you as soon as you exit the aircraft or enter the terminal. If you have a long waiting time for your connecting flight, you can reclaim your wheelchair. In other cases, you will receive assistance during your stopover. If you have specific needs for assistance, please indicate them during booking. We also ask that you please specify the type of wheelchair, its dimensions, its weight, as well as whether it is foldable. This will help us prepare for its transport in the best possible conditions.
- If your wheelchair is electric: Regardless of the kind of electric wheelchair, as a general rule, you must check it in as baggage. You will not be able to reclaim it during a long stopover nor upon exiting the aircraft. Your electric wheelchair will be returned to you at baggage delivery.
In addition, we strongly recommend that you make your electric wheelchair transport request no less than 72 hours before your flight. If you do not pre-notify, transportation may be declined if your wheelchair’s battery type does not allow for safe transport.
Check out the Safety Rules regarding carriage of wheelchair batteries. Read carefully the section on items prohibited in checked baggage but allowed in hand baggage for more information on how to pack and carry wheelchair batteries.
For your convenience, we provide multiple ways to check-in
- at the airport at the check-in counter
- via our Self-Service Kiosks.
Please make sure you arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before your flight departure.
Beyond the baggage allowance associated with your airline ticket, you can bring along the following at no extra cost.
2 personal mobility devices (collapsible / folding wheelchairs, a pair of crutches and walking frames)
An additional baggage item for your medical equipment, weighing no more than 23 kg
On board (economy class travel), a single hand baggage item is allowed (maximum weight : 7 kg ; maximum dimensions : 55 x 35 x 25 cm).
At check-in, your luggage will be affixed with a specific label to facilitate its identification.
If you are traveling in a wheelchair or have requested individual assistance, Air Mauritius offers you priority boarding whenever possible, thus enabling you to board and seat comfortably before the remaining passengers. The cabin crew will greet you personally and provide you with all the necessary information to ensure you have a safe and pleasant flight.
You may select your seat at the time of booking or check-in. To facilitate the seating of disabled or reduced-mobility passengers, most seats are equipped with foldable armrests.
Equipped with an onboard wheelchair, our A350-900, A340-300 and A330-200 aircrafts enable you to move about easily during the flight.Our team will be informed of your presence on board and assist you to make your trip as pleasant as possible.
Our cabin crew members will help you with:
- Setting up the wheelchair and ensuring its safety
- Your transfer from your seat to the wheelchair and vice-versa
- Moving the wheelchair along the aisle of the aircraft
This specific assistance excludes help with :
- Taking or administering medication
- Being lifted
- Going to the toilet
- Any other personal assistance.
If we don’t provide the assistance you require, you must travel with a companion.
If you cannot use the onboard wheelchair due to your disability, please inform us when you book your flight.
In addition to your wheelchair, Air Mauritius also transports the following:
- Devices for supporting limbs, etc.
- Any other specialised equipment to support passengers with reduced mobility.
To make your trip as comfortable as possible, we kindly request you to leave the aircraft after all the other passengers. After a long-haul flight, your baggage, your wheelchair (if this has been placed in the hold), and your second personal mobility device if necessary, will be delivered in priority.
Are you sure that you want to delete nominee?
Thank you for signing up!
a.You must rate Look and Feel of websiteYou must rate Ease of UseYou must rate ContentYou must rate OverallYou need to add a comment